Over 50 Years of Service
Our organization began over 50 years ago when Harold Libby founded H. L. Libby Corporation and built the firm’s first shopping center in Youngstown, Ohio.
The firm undertook a series of acquisitions in the 1970s. By the 1980s, continuing growth saw the addition of several new staff members, including Robert Libby, Director of Finance and James Libby, Director of Acquisitions.
Since then, Libby & Libby Enterprises, LLC has remained a family owned and operated company with a focus on redevelopment of underperforming retail space and apartment complexes.
We work with national retailers like Kohl's, Kroger, Staples, and T.J. Maxx. Our mission is to transform distressed properties from community liabilities into successful retail hubs.
The Team's Approach
Libby & Libby Enterprises, LLC takes a hands-on approach to its redevelopment projects. Prior to moving forward with a project or making an offer, the team goes through an extensive review process to determine the viability of a particular project. Here's what you can expect when working with our group.
- Strong relationships with an extensive network of retailers and stakeholders throughout the U.S. to identify prospective properties.
- Analyze, conduct research and evaluate the specific center and the surrounding marketplace (demographics, potential to attract tenants, etc.).
- Gather input from appraisers, current tenants and internal staff.
- A rigorous internal review of the risks, both positive and negative, of each transaction.
- A purchase decision based on fact - never on speculation or hope.
Meet the Principals
Robert S. Libby holds a B.A. from Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut, and earned his J.D. from Case Western Reserve. Robert is currently a member of the Pennsylvania Bar. After graduation Robert worked with City Trust and then joined H.L. Libby Corporation in 1986. In his current role, he is V.P. of Development and Director of Finance.
James A. Libby, Vice President, holds a B.A. from Northwestern University and earned his MBA in Real Estate Finance from The Ohio State University. James joined the staff of H. L. Libby Corporation in 1991 as Director of Leasing and Acquisitions. Prior to joining Libby Corporation, James held marketing and sales positions at Trammel Crow in Memphis and Inland Steel in Chicago.